Friday, July 2, 2010

Bars in Korea

Last night I went out to the bars here in Ilsan City for the first time.  I also had dinner which was nice.  Dinner was interesting but really fun.  We all cooked on top of a grill at our table and cooked our own meet.  We all just share what is on the grill and eat off of it.  Gosh did I have a time using chop sticks.  The wood chop sticks are easier than the metal ones, thats for sure.  The food was quite good.  Lots of meat!  If your vegetarian, good luck in Korea, so I have heard.  To go to the bathroom in restaurants and bars you must ask for the toilet paper. Then go to a bathroom that is usually outside in a hallway where all the other patrons of bars and restaurants go as well.  It's odd, but I got use to it through out the night.  At least your always guaranteed toilet paper!  Luckily the walk from my place to the bars is only about 15 minutes.  But overall it was a fun night, and I'm just going to have to stop thinking everything is so different and just go with the flow, otherwise it's going to be one difficult year!

1 comment: