Saturday, July 3, 2010

Culture Shock





Today I went to downtown Seoul to do a little sight seeing.  I went to Itaewon which is the international area within Seoul.  That is where I got the pictures from.  My two favorite countries!  :)  They had every fast food place from back home, including Cold Stone Creamy...haha.  It was a little crazy.  Many westerners were there as well.  Felt a little bit like New York City you could say.  As I was riding the subway back home a woman motions me to give her my purse and slowly starts to grab for it.  She was sitting down and I was standing, so I gave it to her not knowing what would happen.  I had seen another woman before me do the same thing.  So I felt semi ok about it.  She ends up just holding it for me so that I didn't have to, since she was sitting.  The woman standing next to me had to get off and grabs her purse from the lady, bows, and off she goes.  It was very interesting.  I then found a seat and she gave me my purse back, and I bowed.  Bowing has become a natural thing for me now.  It was very interesting, but a little weird all at the same time. 

Now that I am back in my apt. I can definitely tell that the air is not the cleanest.  I feel like I was smoking all day.  I have a raspy throat and I smell like smog, if you could say.  It's so humid too, that you could probably drink the water.  haha.  The air here sucks, thats for sure.  It's more or less about when will I get sick!   

No comments:

Post a Comment